Wednesday, June 1, 2011

abc's of food

Happy Hump Day! I sure am glad the weekend is only 2 1/2 days away... because lately I'm living for the weekends. Meh.

As I browsing through the blogs I typically read, I saw this super cute survey on Chelsey's blog, and figured I'd give it go. (Yes, also because I don't have anything prepared to talk about today... oops!)

ABC'S OF FOOD

A is for Apple: What's your favorite variety?
I grew up eating Granny Smith apples and always believed they were my favorite. Eventually I tried a Pink Lady and loved that it was less sour than the GS. Then I tried a Gala and fell in love. They are my absolute favie fave!

B is for Bread: Regardless of nutrition, what is your favorite type?
This is one of the most difficult questions ever! I am a bread lover and will eat any kind put in front of me. I don't know how I didn't eat any for an entire week! If I had to choose, I'd say any brand Texas Garlic Toast. SO. DAMN. GOOD.

C is for Cereal: What is your favorite kind currently? (just one!)
I am currently on a cereal combo kick, but if I had to choose, it'd be Cinnamon Burst Cheerios.


D is for Donuts: You might not currently eat them, but what kind do you fancy?
Round Rock Glazed fo sho. Hands down, best donut ever, especially when warm. If you ever plan on visiting Austin, Texas, make SURE you plan a visit to RRD!


E is for Eggs: How would you like yours prepared?
I'm not a huge egg person, unless they're deviled, but if we're talking breakfast, then I prefer sunny side up.


F is for Fat Free: What is your favorite fat free product?
To be honest, I don't purchase anything that is fat free, so I guess it's fruits and veggies!

G is for Groceries: Where do you purchase yours?
For the majority of the time, I buy from HEB. Every now and then I'll stop by Wal-Mart or Sprouts.

H is for Hot Beverages: What is your favorite hot drink?
I don't typically drink hot beverages unless it's winter, and if so, I'll have the occasional coffee or hot chocolate.

I is for Ice Cream: Pick a favorite flavor and add a fun topping.
Ben & Jerry's Peanut Butter Cup. Doesn't even need a topping because it's so good.

J is for Jams or Jellies: Do you eat them? If so, what kind and flavor?
I love jelly! My favorite and what I grew up on is Smucker's Red Plum Jam.

K is for Kashi: Name your favorite Kashi product.
7 Grain Crackers. So yummo.

L is for Lunch: What was yours today?
A large salad with caesar dressing and a Thomas' whole wheat bagel thin topped with almond butter and apple slices.

M is for Microwave: What is your favorite microwaveable meal/snack?
Anything Amy's Brand.

N is for Nutrients: Do you like carbs, fats, or proteins best?
Carbs for sure. Fats are a close second.


O is for Oil: What kind do you like to use?
Olive or Coconut. Pure Soy Bean Oil is good too!

P is for Protein: How do you get yours?
Chicken and fish. I eat a lot of nut butters, too.

Q is for Quaker: How do you like your oats?
Warm, and sweet! A touch of brown sugar or cinnamon! YUM!

R is for Roasting: What is your favorite thing to roast?
Chicken.

S is for Sandwich: What is your favorite kind?
Definitely turkey and avocado!

T is for Travel: How do you handle eating while traveling?
I usually don't freak out about it. I eat what's available. Besides, I don't travel much so it's not big on my list. Sad.

U is for Unique: What is your weirdest food combo?
I'd have to say cheddar cheese and M&Ms. What? Have you ever tried it? Well then shush!

V is for Vitamins: What kind do you take?
I don't always take them, but when I do, I just take a multi-vitamin.

W is for Wasabi: Yay or nay?
Love spicy foods, can't stand the flavor of it though.

X is for X RAY: If we x rayed your belly right now, what would we see?
A big chocolate brownie covered in cream cheese frosting because Mother Nature turns me into a bottomless pit.

Y is for Youth: What food reminds you of your childhood?
Tyson chicken nuggets, vanilla cake with strawberry frosting, Totino's pizza, Gogurt, Fried Okra, Creamed Eggs with sausage and biscuits. Wow, no wonder I was so chunky!


Z is for Zucchini: How do you prepare it?
If I ate like a cow all the time, I'd choose to fry it and dip it in ranch dressing. But instead, I like to cook it into my stuffed spaghetti squash!

No comments:

Post a Comment